Since the most recent mobile update, The Mobilegeddon, on April 21st, every SEO, web design, digital marketing agency is pitching mobile sites to business owners. I know this because I’m one of them. The reason why someone has tried to sell you a “mobile website”, or a “website redesign optimized for mobile searches” is simply because of the numbers. The Google update doesn’t really matter.
Here’s what I mean…
Depending on the keywords that people are searching for, mobile searches (number of searches on Google from mobile users) are as high as 60%. You can get all of this data from Google Adwords. So this means that if there are 1000 people a month searching for “Italian restaurant in Miami”, 600 of those are going to come from smartphone and tablet users. That’s huge!
If people search on Google and then land on a site that isn’t mobile-friendly, they’re simply going to jump back to the search engine and find some other business.
People value time, and not having an easy-to-use website, that allows people to find what they need without having to resize their screen 100 times, will hurt your business.
At the end of the day, this is the one reason Google launched their new update. They care about user experience, because that’s what makes people use Google, this means more money to them. That applies to your business as well.
You want to make sure that once you get someone to click on your site, that they don’t go back to Google and find your competitor. This is why you should care. Forget the mobile update and think about your users, your potential customers.
You don’t need a mobile-friendly website because of Google, you need it because you don’t want to lose more business to your competitors.
Hope you enjoyed this quick rant, and I’ll be back soon. Take care!
- 4 steps to generating highly targeted wedding photography leads from Facebook - August 20, 2015
- 25 SEO terms that you should know - August 2, 2015
- The 4 most important factors to rank videos on YouTube - July 21, 2015
- 6 simple steps to more clients – SEO for home builders - July 12, 2015
- How to track your position on Google for free - July 11, 2015
- The one reason you should have a mobile-friendly website - July 4, 2015
- What is SEO? It’s not as complicated as you think! - July 1, 2015